Of course, high popularity of range hoods causes fierce competition of companies in this segment. Therefore, modern market offers a variety of models. But a list of the main features of these devices can help in choosing the optimal model.
As known, many modern models support work in modes of recirculation and ventilation. Usually, these models are preferable because of the ability to vary the modes depending on the time of year. For example, ventilation is convenient in the summer, but in the winter recirculation retains heat indoors .
Of course, required performance directly depends on kitchen volume. But, high performance effectively removes odors, provides complete air purification and eliminates the need for an intense mode that reduces its service life.
As a rule, select of model size depends from hob size. Of course, its width should be no less than the hob width. Moreover, the distance between device and the hob surface must be at least 32 in for gas hob and not less than 28 in for electric hob. Otherwise, a smaller distance can cause ignition of fat on the filter surface.
Of course, installing the device requires grounding.
1. Installation of air duct significantly affects the device efficiency. Optimal design suggests a minimum number of bends, absence of abrupt turns and narrowing a diameter. Aluminium foil in inexpensive air ducts increases the noise. Abrupt turns and tapering sites significantly reduce the efficiency of air suction.
2. Housing material significantly affects the cost of model. The stainless steel and high-strength glass housing is most expensive and reliable.
3. Additional features (touch control, intensive mode, the presence of timers and alarm sensors, etc.) increase the usability and the model cost.
4. The warranty period is usually not less than 1 year.
5. Timely replacement or the filter cleaning increases the device performance.
6. Mounting is relatively time-consuming process. Therefore, most consumers use the services of specialists. Model is fixed directly to wall, to ceiling or is embedded in the kitchen cabinet above the hob (telescopic or retractable).
7.The model performance depends on the CFM blower value.
1. Second shelf in cabinet is the basis for device fixing. Bottom of cabinet is removed. The air duct passes through the openings in middle shelf and upper part of cabinet. The corrugated hose is attached to device and pulled through the holes. The final stage depends on the model. It connects to the ventilation shaft or is cropped for models that work only in the recirculation mode.
2. Model is attached to the bottom of the pendant locker.
Further mounting is similar to the previous. Device housing can be closed by a decorative panel.
3. The main part is hiding in a locker or in a special box. Bottom of the cabinet has an opening with dimensions of working part device. Connection of corrugated hose is carried out according to a standard scheme.
4. Device is connected to ventilation shaft by means of connection the air duct with vent.
This video demonstrates the main features of modern models.