Modern man uses a wide variety of household appliances. As a rule, several TVs, an air conditioner, a humidifier or air purifier, a stereo system, several kitchen appliances, etc provide comfort in his apartment. Of course, the washer occupies a worthy place in this list.
But almost all modern household appliances are technically complex devices with a large number of elements and nodes. As a result, even reliable washing machines from famous brands periodically break. Of course, the warranty partially solves this problem. However, many people can fix by yourself some relatively simple malfunctions. But their detection often requires professional diagnosis. Therefore, even a simplified classification of breakdowns can simplify their identification without specialist.
Lack of drain is one of the most frequent breakdowns. This problem occurs due to clogged pump filter or pump fault. Resolving the first cause requires simple filter cleaning.
The failure of the pump can be caused by its fault or incorrect operation of the impeller due to the lack of rigid fixation on the shaft. Accordingly, this repair requires the complete replacement of the pump or the restoration of reliable impeller fixation. But this job requires some skill.
Of course, the replacement of the pump provides the most effective solution to the problem, because weakening the impeller fixation is usually caused by the wear of the seat on the shaft. Accordingly, this method is a temporary solution to the problem, which will ensure the normal operation of the device for 1-2 months.
Usually, the pump is located in the front bottom near the pump drain filter.
Step-by-step algorithm for LG, Whirlpool, Ariston, Candy, Samsung, Beko, Ardo models contains the following steps:
– disconnection of the water supply and drainage hoses;
– placing the washing machine in a horizontal position on a soft cloth to prevent damage to the casing walls;
– removal of the pallet, if any;
– removing the back panel;
– tactile check of the drain hose to detect foreign objects in it;
– disconnecting the hose from the pump;
– disconnecting the pump from the fastening place (as a rule, several self-tapping screws) and the power supply cable;
– installation of a new pump, including its mounting using self-tapping screws, connecting the power supply cable and the drain hose.
The video in the end contains the step-by-step instructions for replacing the drain pump on Whirlpool top-load washers.
The replacement algorithm for Bosh, AEG or Siemens is slightly different and includes:
– disconnection of the water supply and drain hoses;
– unscrewing the top cover bolts;
– removing the detergent box;
– removal of the control panel using a flat screwdriver and by pressing the plastic latches around the perimeter, but without disconnecting the electrical cable;
– removal of the false panel under the door of the washing machine;
– loosening the mounting clamp and removing the door cuff;
– disconnecting the door lock device wire;
– removing the front panel, which is fixed with screws;
– dismantling the drain pump;
– fixing a new pump with connecting to a drain hose and power supply cable;
– assembly of the device in reverse order.
Such repair will ensure long and reliable operation of the washer.
Restoration of impeller fixation
Unfortunately, such a repair will provide only a temporary recovery of the device, but it does not require costs. This problem is solved with waterproof glue or sealant. Algorithm includes:
– providing access to the impeller attachment point, which is similar to the pump replacement algorithm;
– thorough drying and degreasing the shaft;
– applying naerobic sealant or moisture-resistant glue on the shaft;
– fixing the impeller on the shaft.
Sometimes the pump provides too slow or incomplete draining. This fault may be caused by improper operation of the pump due to a manufacturing defect or regular hit of foreign objects. When rotating by hand, the impeller on the shaft of a serviceable pump should rotate in spurts due to the resistance of the magnet. Its free rotation without stopping indicates a fault, which requires the replacement of a drain pump.