As know, BenQ HT3050 (W2000 in Europe) appeared on the market in autumn 2015. Stylish design, gorgeous specs and reasonable price ensured this projector a huge popularity.
As a result, for several years in a row, it’s absolutely deservedly included in the list of the most popular models in its class.
BenQ HT2050 (W1110) appeared on the market in the same period. It uses the same platform, but is slightly cheaper and has some differences, including color.
Finally, in 2018, the company introduced the following BenQ HT2050A model in this series. The new projector costs $ 200 more, has the same case and offers several additional features.
An overview of the evolution of this projector can help buyers make the best choice.
BenQ, as one of the leaders in this segment, is constantly developing new technologies. Of course, all BenQ models use these innovative solutions.
CinematicColor technology optimizes color rendering the image. It provides Rec.709 HDTV standard color coverage, uses 6x speed RGBRGB color wheel, high native ANSI contrast ratio performance and ISFccc certified visual calibration that delivers detailed, sharp and crisp visual effects.
Independent 3D Primary Color Control provides a color management tool for fine-tune the gain, saturation, and hue of the six primary colors (R/G/B/C/M/Y) separately.
CinemaMaster Audio+ and advanced CinemaMaster Audio+ 2 in BenQ HT2050A provides clear surround sound.
BenQ HT3050 vs BenQ HT2050
1. The HT3050 has more carefully calibrated Cinema mode to target Rec 709 standards compared to HT2050.
2.One of the HDMI ports of the HT3050 supports MHL. Unfortunately, the HT2050 does not have this feature. As known, Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) is a standard media interface that combines the functionality of the HDMI interface and the MicroUSB connector.
It connects mobile devices to TVs and monitors and supports resolutions up to Full HD.
Moreover, the HT3050 also supports connection of a wireless module through a third HDMI port inside the case that also supports MHL.
3. The 3050 has dual 10W speakers. The 2050 uses only one mono 10W speaker.
4. The 3050 is heavier than the 2050 (8.1 lbs vs 7.3 lbs).
5. The 3050 provides horizontal and vertical digital keystone adjustments (2D Keystone) vs only vertical keystone in 2050. Of course, 2D Keystone simplifies the placement of the projector, correcting its projection, even when installed in a corner of the room.
6. Front bezel of 3050 has brushed gold color vs brushed silver in 2050.
7. The HT2050 provides of 2200 lm vs 2000 lm in the HT3050. But this difference practically does not affect the image quality.
8. Input lag of HT3050 reaches 49.7 ms vs 33.1 ms on the HT2050. As know, this value affects the game mode.
Of course, the importance of these differences depends on personal preferences in terms of their correspondence to the $ 200 price difference.
BenQ HT2050 vs BenQ HT2050A
1.The new model has very low input lag of 16.67 ms vs 33.1 ms in HT2050. From this point of view, it can be positioned as a gamer model.
2. Newer HT2050A supports vertical and horizontal keystone correction (2D Keystone), unlike the HT2050 which provides only vertical correction.
Of course, this distinction does not matter when mounting the projector on the ceiling or in a separate room. But it greatly simplifies its placement, for example, in the living room. In this case, the projector can easily compensate for keystone when installing the projector, for example, in the corner of the room.
3.Both models have built-in 10W speakers. But HT2050 uses CinemaMaster Audio+, and HT2050A – CinemaMaster Audio+ 2.
Besides, the HT2050A additionally provides custom-tuned sound modes. In particular, model offers four factory preset modes.
4.Of course, the 3-year warranty for HT2050A vs 1-year warranty for HT2050 provides the new product with a significant advantage.
Of course, these differences greatly affect the choice of the optimal projector. But their importance depends solely on personal preferences.
This video shows image quality comparison of Benq HT 2050 on the left and Benq HT 3050 on the right.