Of course, a microwave is a must-have attribute of any modern kitchen. As known, operation principle of this device is based on the use of microwave energy for cooking. A modern microwave is a complex device, the specs of which affect on its functionality and, accordingly, the choice of the optimal model. But, the cooking in the microwave has some peculiarities. For example, metal utensils cannot be used due to the arcing risk. But today the market offers a huge range of microwave cookware.
Of course, the installation primarily depends on the device type.
Usually, countertop microwave is installed only on a flat, horizontal surface without tilting. Moreover, the device is also not recommended to place near heat sources, in areas with high humidity and the presence of flammable objects.
Additionally, working chamber must have the good constant ventilation. Therefore the place is selected considering the availability of at least 8 inches of free space from above, 4 inches – rear and 2 inches – on the sides for good air circulation. Of course, ventilation holes should be opened.
But microwave oven is not designed for use outdoors.
1. Household microwave is designed only for home use.
2. Chemical gases and substances can provoke the chamber wall corrosive.
3. Overheating the food in the chamber is often accompanied by micro- breaks of its surface.
4. The cooking process requires control at using cookware of plastic, paper or other flammable materials.
5. In the case of an ignition the device immediately switches off at the closed door.
6. The boiling time for liquids is very short.
7. Warming up the liquid in a sealed package may be accompanied by an explosion due to intense of vapor formation. This problem is solved with the help of pre-piercing the package surface in the several points.
8. Hot oil can damage the chamber walls in case of spattering. Therefore, the amount of oil should be limited.
9. Pre-pierced by a fork fruits and vegetables with thick skinned are cooked faster and without tearing the rind.
10. Cooking eggs in a microwave may accompanied by an explosion and damage of the chamber walls.
1. The food remains are cleared from the chamber walls with the help of damp soft tissue. Using chemically active detergents is not recommended due to risk of coating damage. Therefore, very strong pollution is cleared with the help of neutral detergents which are available in a very wide range.
2. Water should not fall into the ventilation system during cleaning.
3. The door glass is cleared on both sides.
4. The control panel is easily cleaned with a damp cloth. But the door must be opened to prevent of inadvertent activation.
5. Microwave turntable regularly is washed in warm soapy water or in the dishwasher.
6. Chamber bottom also require of regular cleaning.
The video at the end demonstrates cleaning the grease filters in LG microwave.
Basic principles of microwave cooking
Hot air is distributed in the chamber very unevenly. Therefore the cooking time of different parts of the dishes can be different. Some cooking methods reduce temperature differences.
1. Food are placed in a cookware evenly, thick pieces are located closer to the edge.
2. The cover ensures uniform cooking and prevents liquid splashing.
3. The ruddy crust is not formed in a microwave due to absence of the caramelization sugar process. This process is impossible due to short cooking time. Therefore, the housewives commonly use ready icing for decorating cakes and pies.
4. Food are placed along the rim of rotating dish at the same distance from each other for their uniform preparation.
5. Thin and small pieces are placed in the center of a rotating plate. Thick and large pieces are located at the edges.