Tough competition in the consumer electronics segment encourages companies to constantly improve their devices. A few decades ago, competitiveness largely depended on the price and quality of the model. Of course, today the price remains the main selection criterion. But the quality situation has changed significantly. As a rule, modern models even of budget level from well-known companies have high quality of materials and assembly. Their further increase demands essential expenses which negatively influence competitiveness. Thus, this resource is almost exhausted.
On the other hand, the rapid development of digital technologies has dramatically expanded the innovative possibilities for the development of modern household appliances. Of course, the digital innovations expand their functionality, enhancing consumer properties of any device. As a result, the competitiveness of modern models mainly depends on the price and functionality with necessarily high quality. Of course, the development in projectors segment also corresponds to this trend. Accordingly, their functionality directly affects the choice of the optimal model.
– on-screen menu and a remote control;
– image inversion horizontally and vertically for translucent or transparent screens and ceiling mount;
– adjusting the colors, brightness, contrast and image clarity;
– interactive mode;
– adjustment to the parameters of the input signal;
– infrared screen mouse;
– correction of image trapezoidal distortion;
– choice of menu language;
– economy mode with reduced brightness by 15-20% increases lamp life by 1.5-2 times;
– interchangeable lenses to change throw ratio;
– auto-tuning of the image and auto-keystone correction;
– “Off and go” function to quickly turn off the power supply;
– freeze frame;
– zooming the selected part of the image;
– PIP (picture-in-picture) function for simultaneous display of images from two independent sources;
– Lens Shift horizontally and vertically simplifies the installation of the projector;
– A / V MUTE function;
– curtain function opens / closes part of the image;
– WiFi support;
– IRIS function – automatic adjustment of the image brightness depending on the illumination of the room;
– automatic control of the fan operation mode depending on the ambient temperature;
– support for DVT and HDTV standards;
– choice of image format (4: 3 or 16: 9);
– memorization of the projector settings for a large number of signal sources;
– network hub to connect to the local network;
– systems of protection against thefts and unauthorized use;
– auto-backlit keys;
– network capabilities (network control, built-in browser, e-mail client, etc.);
– custom modes.
In terms of weight, size and brightness, modern models are conventionally divided into several types:
– stationary – more than 40 lb;
– portable – 10-40 lb;
– ultra portable – 5-10 lb;
– micro portable – less than 5 lb;
– Palm class – less than 3 lb;
– Pico class – less than 1.1 lb; brightness 150 ANSI Lm;
– Pocket class – less than 1.0 lb; brightness 7-10 ANSI Lm.
But companies are not very strictly adhere to this classification. Pico and Pocket use semiconductor light sources (LEDs or LED lasers) and batteries. Usually, LEDs models provide in a darkened room acceptable image quality with a diagonal up to 20-25 inches.
Today, some companies already offer smartphones with a projector option. For example, in 2019, Blackview introduced its new model, the Blackview MAX 1 Projector Mobile Phone.
Today, it claims to be a leader among models with a projector function. This smartphone uses Samsung AMOLED display 6.01 inch (2160 x 1080 Pixel), Android 8.1 OS, 6GB RAM, 64GB ROM, 4680mAh battery, CPU MT6763T Octa Core (2.5GHz, 64bit), etc. Its projector is capable of project a 70-inch screen from a distance of 6,6 ft or a 200-inch screen from a distance of 9,8 ft. But, of course, its brightness is much less compared to full-sized projectors.
This video demonstrates the Blackview MAX 1 Projector Mobile Phone with Samsung AMOLED display 6.01 inch (2160 x 1080 Pixel), Android 8.1 OS, 6GB RAM, 64GB ROM, 4680mAh battery, CPU MT6763T Octa Core (2.5GHz, 64bit), etc.